All animals are special. Here are some
of the reasons why adoption is a very wise choice in bringing an
animal into the family:
- A lot of animals that have been in foster care are housebroken,
or advanced in the training! Many know basic obedience
- Many rescue animals are adults. You get to avoid the
puppy/kitten stage (shredded shoes, torn carpeting, etc.)
- Rescued animals seem to know they are lucky to have a
second lease on life, and are very devoted to their adoptive
families. Animals can bond to a new family at any age!
- Living in foster care makes rescue animals well
socialized. They often get along well with other animals,
and with almost all types of people.
- Most rescue and shelter animals are up to date on all of their medical
needs, and have already been spayed or neutered. That saves
the adopter a lot of money!
- Foster families know the personality of each animal, so
adoptive families can make informed decisions about their